Dressing yourself in a beautiful pair of salwar kameez makes for an elegant and classy look. The Salwar Kameez is a traditional Indian outfit that serves as a wonderful outfit which is fashionable, but at the same time it is comfortable and easy to wear. The salwar kameez was designed for the purpose of ‘comfort in fashion’ and can be worn on an everyday basis. It is also referred to as the national dress of Pakistan but is worn in India as well. The trend has become such that salwar kameez has undergone evolution in every generation, to suit the needs and requirements of the particular age.
Be it hosting parties, going for events or just simply travelling, Salwar Kameez is the perfect solution for you. There is a variety of salwar kameez design online from where you can take your pick from. Salwar Kameez can be embroidered, handcrafted, stitched or in beautiful printed patterns.
There is so much to choose from and wear according to what looks perfect on you. Some of the salwar kameez designs you can find online are:
1. Chikan Work – hails from the nawabi city of Lucknow that swears by the intricacy and beauty of Chikankari, which renders a simple piece of salwar kameez with such grace. Floral Resham Thread Work Salwar Kameez-
2. Floral Resham Thread Work Salwar Kameez– This is a kind of embroidery that renders the salwar kameez with a stunning touch.
3. Zardosi– can also be described as the ancient craft of sewing gold and silver threads on a cloth. This form of art hails from the land of Persia and makes for a very unique piece of salwar kameez design. This art grew much during the rule of the Mughal Emperors in the 17th century. Nowadays, in zardosi you will witness a combination of copper wire with silver or golden polish and silk threads
4. Phulkari– is a kind of design that is synonymous to the yellow ‘sarson ke khet’ of Punjab in its full glory. As the name suggests Phulkali speaks of a kind of embroidery of flower motifs on fabric, mostly done by local women. This form of art on salwar kameez is one of its kind and makes for a very attractive salwar kameez.
5. Kashidakari – is the kind of embroidery of salwar kameez that comes from the beauteous landscape of Kashmir. Legend says that this art form was ushered in by a Kashmiri saint brought this skill to Kashmir. Kashidakari comprises of the flora of the state.
6. Mirror Work– is the form and design of embroidery wherein the shisha work of Gujarat and Rajasthan is highlighted. This kind of artwork is available in three kinds namely hand blown shisha, machine cut shisha and shisha embroidery.
These kinds of designer salwar kameez are available online on platforms that showcase them in a tasteful fashion. You can buy these embroidered salwar kameez online at stores like eastessence.com where a wide variety of such designs are available at attractive prices.